Hi all, I’m back to share another card using the Valentine Penguins. I really love this set, the penguins are just adorable!
This time, I’m using a super simple technique to create a unique background.
I started out using a heart punch that I had and punched a heart in a piece of paper. The negative space was perfect to color in hearts, using distress inks, directly to the card. Next, I used the punch and full adhesive post its to create masks. I masked off all the hearts I colored and used one of the masks and distress ink to create a negative heart space.
I think by using both the negative space from the punch and the actual image to mask, it creates a unique background. It’d be really hard to replicate.
For an actual peek at what I did, I’m including my youtube tutorial below.
→ SUPPLIES ←
Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.
- *Gerda Steiner Designs: Valentine Penguins – https://goo.gl/tahPA8
- Distress Ink: Pickled Raspberries and Peacock Feathers
- Heart Punch: http://amzn.to/2lXXprz (not the same one I have)
- Bristol Smooth Paper: http://amzn.to/2em6jeW
- Distress Ink Blending Tool: http://amzn.to/2wMmeOi
- My Favorite Things Stamps: Blueprint 27 – https://goo.gl/tLYNz9
- Post It Full Adhesive Notes: http://amzn.to/2wqBHBj
→ DISCLAIMER ←
Some products are provided by manufacturers for review and use. Affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.